PEMCO Insurance - Taylor bridge fire
august 14th my house and shop were completly destroyed by a fire started by a construction company welding on a bridge.pemco sent out a adjuster quickly.
my car was paid for within a week and my personal belongings soon after. well when it came to my house thats a different story. i have been through 4 wild fires there and decided that i dont want to live there anymore. so pemco says if i rebuild that will pay policy max if i dont they will pay actual cash value on the structures.
i chose not to rebuild trusting that pemco would have an honest appraisel done. the appraisel came back and it would leave me owing the bank about 61,000. i couldnt believe it. well after i seen the appraisel i started looking into it.
there first two comps were in my development. come to find out they were only active listings not sales or even pending sales. then there were three more outside of my area. two were cash sales bank owned.
there net adjustments were over 20% and the gross were 31 to 51%. a bank would not accept more than 15%. the adjuster was asked to do it again and she used the same comps. only difference was what was an active listing now was a sale.
she lied and said it was pending at the time of the first appraisel and since has sold. i checked the records and it didnt become a pending until two weeks after the first appraisel. its been almost five months since i lost my house and pemco has yet to give a fair offer. so today she offered to do another appraisel only based on the time of the fire.
we cant use any comps after that date. so the first time the comps were ten months prior to the fire and a month after. now they cant be after. shes making up her own rules.
the reason why is there was a good sale at the time of her second appraisel 4 houses from mine. and she intentionaly over looked it so pemco wont have to pay a fair amount. ther was some other very shady actions done appraising the land. like leaving .26 acre off the the amount.
the best part is this person they hired also did my appraisel for my loan. all the land was there on that one and it appraised for about 100,000.00 more. looks like im going to have to sue pemco. mean while i have to keep paying for a house that isnt there anymore.
i would not recomend pemco to my worst enemy they are the most dishonest ins company ever.they think because im in bad shape that will accept any offer.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "My husband of 56 years and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines to live with my daughter and family, and I became an American citizen soon after. ..."
- "This agent's son backed into my vehicle at a traffic light causing $5600 in damage. The son said he was in a hurry, gave me his information and left without..."
- "On their website, they claim:https://www.fsmtb.org/co…What paperwork do I need to submit to take the MBLEx?All you need to apply to take the MBLEx is a completed Application Form and fee..."
- "I bought unlimited text and talk for 25 dollars and its supposed be valid for 30 days like every single another plan from that company. After 13 days I received..."
- "After paying in full delivery was nightmare. Waited a week for delivery they brought wrong color. It was returned. Redelivery was never scheduled even though they told me it would..."
- "Horrible customer service at the Los Banos Branch. They punish you for not having a cupon book by not taking the info over the window and making you come in..."
- "I bought my car sight unseen as I was living in Hawaii but moving to Seattle for a new job. I wanted to have a car when I landed in..."
- "Look what came out of a bag of frozen lima beans! This could kill someone and leave particles of wood throughout the food package. I went to cook the..."