PEMCO Insurance - Taylor bridge fire
august 14th my house and shop were completly destroyed by a fire started by a construction company welding on a bridge.pemco sent out a adjuster quickly.
my car was paid for within a week and my personal belongings soon after. well when it came to my house thats a different story. i have been through 4 wild fires there and decided that i dont want to live there anymore. so pemco says if i rebuild that will pay policy max if i dont they will pay actual cash value on the structures.
i chose not to rebuild trusting that pemco would have an honest appraisel done. the appraisel came back and it would leave me owing the bank about 61,000. i couldnt believe it. well after i seen the appraisel i started looking into it.
there first two comps were in my development. come to find out they were only active listings not sales or even pending sales. then there were three more outside of my area. two were cash sales bank owned.
there net adjustments were over 20% and the gross were 31 to 51%. a bank would not accept more than 15%. the adjuster was asked to do it again and she used the same comps. only difference was what was an active listing now was a sale.
she lied and said it was pending at the time of the first appraisel and since has sold. i checked the records and it didnt become a pending until two weeks after the first appraisel. its been almost five months since i lost my house and pemco has yet to give a fair offer. so today she offered to do another appraisel only based on the time of the fire.
we cant use any comps after that date. so the first time the comps were ten months prior to the fire and a month after. now they cant be after. shes making up her own rules.
the reason why is there was a good sale at the time of her second appraisel 4 houses from mine. and she intentionaly over looked it so pemco wont have to pay a fair amount. ther was some other very shady actions done appraising the land. like leaving .26 acre off the the amount.
the best part is this person they hired also did my appraisel for my loan. all the land was there on that one and it appraised for about 100,000.00 more. looks like im going to have to sue pemco. mean while i have to keep paying for a house that isnt there anymore.
i would not recomend pemco to my worst enemy they are the most dishonest ins company ever.they think because im in bad shape that will accept any offer.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I was involved in a car accident on September 24th 2014 in which the who i had hit was uninsured and driving when he took off from the scene of..."
- "My F-150, just having completed a left turn, was proceeding along the left lane of 3 lanes when it was struck by a car coming out from the right. ..."
- "I went threw ESurance to get a renters policy on my apartment with Homesite Insurance, I did this because I had had several break ins at my apartment in 2014,..."
- "I recently bought a prepared roaster in the bag.And to my shock when I cut open the bird the meat was GREEN!! And it's my understanding that this is a..."
- "This is horrible lines so long now that they have electronic teller. Once the money fell out of drive thru and had to pull up track down some $20's on..."
- "I was going to work on 12/07/15 at 8.45 am. On the route 272N and Pennisula drive, North East, Md – 21901, I was just standing to make right turn..."
- "I have been a owner for 10 yrs. we have a studio every other year. When we bought in 2005 they show you a big studio with walk in shower..."
- "I too experienced the same, mold, bugs and what appeared to be a moldy dead mouse or something large. The bag was not expired and my dogs too were..."
- "one of their agent keeps on calling and sending emails with a booking i did not make, when i answer his call, i told him that the email he sent..."