august 14th my house and shop were completly destroyed by a fire started by a construction company welding on a bridge.pemco sent out a adjuster quickly.
my car was paid for within a week and my personal belongings soon after. well when it came to my house thats a different story. i have been through 4 wild fires there and decided that i dont want to live there anymore. so pemco says if i rebuild that will pay policy max if i dont they will pay actual cash value on the structures.
i chose not to rebuild trusting that pemco would have an honest appraisel done. the appraisel came back and it would leave me owing the bank about 61,000. i couldnt believe it. well after i seen the appraisel i started looking into it.
there first two comps were in my development. come to find out they were only active listings not sales or even pending sales. then there were three more outside of my area. two were cash sales bank owned.
there net adjustments were over 20% and the gross were 31 to 51%. a bank would not accept more than 15%. the adjuster was asked to do it again and she used the same comps. only difference was what was an active listing now was a sale.
she lied and said it was pending at the time of the first appraisel and since has sold. i checked the records and it didnt become a pending until two weeks after the first appraisel. its been almost five months since i lost my house and pemco has yet to give a fair offer. so today she offered to do another appraisel only based on the time of the fire.
we cant use any comps after that date. so the first time the comps were ten months prior to the fire and a month after. now they cant be after. shes making up her own rules.
the reason why is there was a good sale at the time of her second appraisel 4 houses from mine. and she intentionaly over looked it so pemco wont have to pay a fair amount. ther was some other very shady actions done appraising the land. like leaving .26 acre off the the amount.
the best part is this person they hired also did my appraisel for my loan. all the land was there on that one and it appraised for about 100,000.00 more. looks like im going to have to sue pemco. mean while i have to keep paying for a house that isnt there anymore.
i would not recomend pemco to my worst enemy they are the most dishonest ins company ever.they think because im in bad shape that will accept any offer.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Home Owners Policy
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Thank you for your review. Actually, the UrineOut Powder IS doing it's job. It's bringing or "wicking" all of the old urine that is DEEP in the carpet,..."
- "I was targeted I feel by scammers. Feel I was manipulated into a situation. Shortly after severing half a finger off. Had to use force to defend myself..."
- "Nationwide Mutual Ins. Co.Allied InsuranceNationwide AgribusinessTitan InsuranceVictoria InsuranceTo anyone with Nationwide Insurance:Beware when filing a claim with Nationwide or affiliates listed above. They use a computer based program to evaluate..."
- "2/1/2014 I opened a can of Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup (you know, the one they sell in the refrigerated section), and made a bowl of soup. ..."
- "Problem with quality control - just purchase the new, limited edition Red Velvet Oreo cookies and the package was missing 1/2 of the middle row. I noticed this before the..."
- "Worst customer service ever! I got a dress that is clearly not the size I ordered and they refuse to take it back stating it was custom made for me...."
- "I purchased my Subaru based on Subaru's reputation of reliability. A few months before I bought my 2007 Outback Legacy, I bought a 1998 Outback for my son. I liked..."
- "I checked my balance on 8-24-16 and had over 3800 minutes,4400MB data, 3300 text, and service was good until 10-13-16. Eight hours later I go to use my phone it..."
- "I paid Castle $60 on 7/21/3016 and ORHP sent another guy 7/30/2016 (atkins) because Castle DID NOTHING and they charged me $60 for same job and refuse to refund my..."