PEMCO Insurance - Taylor bridge fire
august 14th my house and shop were completly destroyed by a fire started by a construction company welding on a bridge.pemco sent out a adjuster quickly.
my car was paid for within a week and my personal belongings soon after. well when it came to my house thats a different story. i have been through 4 wild fires there and decided that i dont want to live there anymore. so pemco says if i rebuild that will pay policy max if i dont they will pay actual cash value on the structures.
i chose not to rebuild trusting that pemco would have an honest appraisel done. the appraisel came back and it would leave me owing the bank about 61,000. i couldnt believe it. well after i seen the appraisel i started looking into it.
there first two comps were in my development. come to find out they were only active listings not sales or even pending sales. then there were three more outside of my area. two were cash sales bank owned.
there net adjustments were over 20% and the gross were 31 to 51%. a bank would not accept more than 15%. the adjuster was asked to do it again and she used the same comps. only difference was what was an active listing now was a sale.
she lied and said it was pending at the time of the first appraisel and since has sold. i checked the records and it didnt become a pending until two weeks after the first appraisel. its been almost five months since i lost my house and pemco has yet to give a fair offer. so today she offered to do another appraisel only based on the time of the fire.
we cant use any comps after that date. so the first time the comps were ten months prior to the fire and a month after. now they cant be after. shes making up her own rules.
the reason why is there was a good sale at the time of her second appraisel 4 houses from mine. and she intentionaly over looked it so pemco wont have to pay a fair amount. ther was some other very shady actions done appraising the land. like leaving .26 acre off the the amount.
the best part is this person they hired also did my appraisel for my loan. all the land was there on that one and it appraised for about 100,000.00 more. looks like im going to have to sue pemco. mean while i have to keep paying for a house that isnt there anymore.
i would not recomend pemco to my worst enemy they are the most dishonest ins company ever.they think because im in bad shape that will accept any offer.review #367519
You may also like
- "The Dentists Insurance Company (TDIC) Didn't replace all damaged equipment, remediate mold or pay loss of income to restore water damaged dental practice in Phoenix, AZ. Does TDIC actually..."
- "Scott Holdridge is a lying cheating ***. Horrible, HORRIBLE customer service. File a claim and they take 4 days to get back to you. They're never in their office....."
- "I am a retired, single 67 year old disabled woman. I filed a claim for a broken swamp cooler line, which caused my dining room ceiling to collapse. They contracted..."
- "This is a Store Leader who has the picture on her public Facebook page. I complained that this is clearly racist but she's still a Store Leader!!..."
- "I ordered a vest from Rosewe and it was falling apart and shedding the minute I took it out of the package. Rosewe was extremely difficult in communicating. After several..."
- "John Deere D140 burned to the ground in warranty, John Deere will not cover it said it was probably dirty. Appears to be a fire that started around the coil...."
- "I ordered the other night from dolls kill. My paypal gave the wrong address. I tried to get in contact with their customer service but I didn't get anything just..."
- "Received coupon for doing a protein meal plan type survey on their website. The coupon clearly states exp of 12/31/2015 and can be used in stores or online with..."
- "Just experienced that myself. Am a regular shopper. Won't be doing none there no more. Im not gonna refer no one no more. I wasn't told that if i use..."